The pastors at Gadsden First United Methodist Church make regular hospital calls. Parishioners are asked to notify the church office when they are admitted to the hospital. At all regularly scheduled services, prayers are shared for the sick and those with other needs. A list of friends and members who are currently in the hospital is posted in the church office.
The pastors are available for counseling with parishioners. You need only call the pastor you wish to counsel with and ask for an appointment. Strict confidentiality is observed by each minister.
The pastors, as well as lay volunteers, make periodic calls to members who are homebound or reside in nursing homes. The pastors will be glad to bring communion to these members upon request. As time permits, the pastors make contact with all members of the congregation. They will be happy to accept an invitation to visit you in your home or place of work.
We are proud of the wonderful activities and ministries for our older members:
1. Telephone Reassurance Team
2. Homebound and Health Care Center Visitation Team
3. Exercise Classes: 9:00-10:00 AM - Mon., Wed., Fri. (Gym)
4. R&R Club meets on the 4th Monday of each month. Join us for luncheons, trips and activities for the young at heart.
5. We offer transportation for those who need this service to the doctor, drug store, grocery, etc.
6. We have a “Fix It” Committee for those needing small jobs done around the house.